Monday, February 28, 2011

Advisory to the Higher Education Marketing agency

I'm proud to announce I will play an advisory role to Montreal-based agency Higher Education Marketing, which offers specialized online marketing services to colleges & universities across Canada: web strategies & development, analytics, SEO, SMS alerts, campaigns management, social media and mobile marketing, etc. See "Stéphane Hamel to Play Advisory Role to Higher Education Marketing" for the official press release.

Founder and CEO Philippe Taza inquired about the concepts and approach put forth in the Online Analytics Maturity Model. He said "the OAMM provides a clearly defined way to asses our clients analytical capabilities and allow us to leverage their strengths while addressing their weaknesses - leading to a longer and more profitable client relationship".

Advisory role to agencies

The advisory role I offer to agencies is a win-win-win scenario:
  1. Partners can tap into more than 20 years of work experience on countless projects, the past 15 years dedicated to online strategies, analysis and bringing the most optimal and realistic solutions.
  2. Clients & prospects have the guarantee I will provide the best advices, and if I can't do it myself, I will leverage the growing network of partners to offer them the most appropriate alternative.
  3. For me, it's a way for me to remain independent while extending my capabilities and leveraging the strengths of the network. 

A growing network

Last November Napkyn was the 1st official partnering agency, HEM is a second one and you can expect others to be announced in the coming weeks and months. This is directly in line with my desire to see the Online Analytics Maturity Model being used and officially adopted by more agencies - while allowing me to finance & continue to improve it. Of course, while doing so, those agencies also benefit from a sounding board, my expertise and my skills.

On the vendor side, iPerceptions was a natural partner since they bought WASP. In January I announced a similar advisory role with TagMan.

My goal is to continue to nurture and grow a network of vendors, agencies and other parties interested in exchanging and collaborating. If you would like to be part of it, don't hesitate to reach out!