Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Interview on OAMM, the WAA and gaAddons



(if you don't see the video above, please visit the blog page directly)

Daniel Waisberg interviewed me for his great marketing measurement and optimization site, Online Behavior while we were at the eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit – Washington DC, 2010.

1:50 - I speak about the Online Analytics Maturity Model, what I've been working on for years in order to help companies to succeed in Web Analytics. The model is aimed at sparking discussions and raise awareness. A paper is available and the self assessment tool is a great way to evaluate your strengths and weaknesses.

3:50 - I provided my perspective and some tips on Web Analytics consulting, both for external consultants and for Analysts inside a company that need to interact with multiple teams. The major takeaway is my belief that our expertise is evolving toward business analysis and business intelligence: answering the needs to understand and optimize online business processes (beyond marketing) and the obvious need to look at more than clickstream data.

6:00 - My role as a director of the Web Analytics Association and the Get - what you can get as a member of the association, Do - what you can offer to the community, and Be - what you can become: better educated about web analytics, become a Certified analyst, become a speaker, etc. This strategy was discussed at our last Board meeting.

8:15 - And I concluded with some info about my latest project, gaAddons: a collection of useful enhancements to improve the default Google Analytics implementation.

Thanks again to Daniel for the opportunity, you can watch more eMetrics Summit videos in the dedicated channel. I will be speaking about the Online Analytics Maturity Model again at eMetrics Toronto and San-Francisco, and maybe Paris and London (hint, hint - bug Jim Sterne & Mattew Finlay to get me there!). I just confirmed my presence at the Click Summit in Charlotte, NC, April 14-15. See the complete speaking appearance list. The schedule for spring 2011 is getting loaded but I'm open to other speaking opportunities.