Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Quebec 2008: Paul McCartney, I was there!

In case you don't know, I live in Lévis, just on the other side of the St-Lawrence river, in front of Québec city. Québec city is celebrating its 400th anniversary this year. The party is going, events are one after the other, and the latest one was...

Sir Paul McCartney!

He does four shows per year, and we were over 200,000 to hear him sign 36 songs in a non-stop 2 hour and 45 minutes show. Amazing!

The amateur video of "Hey Jude" shown bellow (or follow the link) gives an idea of the ambiance. I have the chills just looking at it. This will remain among my best souvenirs for the rest of my life.





It's still time to come visit what a lot of people consider to be the nicest city in the world (nothing less!) and "Canada's European jewel". If you can by, let me know!