Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Web Analytics Maturity Model: feedback and workshops

I have received lots of great feedback following the release of the Web Analytics Maturity Model. If you haven't read it yet, go get it now - yes, it's free! If you've read it, I would love to hear from you!


Since it's initial publication, the document has been downloaded over 600 times and practitioners, consultants and students continues to engage in great conversations about the challenges of online analytics and how to succeed.

WAMM in the wild

To be useful, a model most be applicable "in the wild", it must be useful, used and abused! I'm continuing to work and enhance the concept with the help of a small group of people willing to share their insight & expertise. I have created a workshop that use the approach to cover the most critical process areas of developing and managing an online analytics culture. See the full list of upcoming workshops and speaking engagements.

Your take

Readers of this blog have noticed I often post "My take" point of views. Now it's your turn!

Socrates said "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance". But he also said "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." So help me please, I would love to get your feedback!

More specifically, think about the following statements:
  • "A model is a schematic and simplified representation of a more complex reality. What is included or abstracted stems from hypothesis about what’s essential or not."
  • "A maturity model contains the essential elements of effective processes for one or more disciplines. It also describes an evolutionary improvement path from ad hoc, immature processes to disciplined, mature processes with improved quality and effectiveness."
  • "The proposed model is based on critical success factors contributing to the use of analytics to make better decisions and extract maximum value from business processes."
Now, a couple of questions:
  • What do you think about the above statements?
  • Do you relate to the six critical success areas and five stages suggested in the paper?
  • What did you find most useful (or not) in the proposed model?
  • What do you think would be the next step to improve the model?

    • Workshops are available (if you feel alone because I'm not coming in your town, let me know and I'll see what I can do!)
    • A self-assessment and benchmarking tool is on its way
    • A book is coming up!
For all of the above, I'm seeking quotes, or better still, short case studies on how WAMM was useful and helped you.

Feel free to comment directly on the blog or contact me privately.