Friday, April 17, 2009

Web Analytics Association Board of Directors

It's official: I've been elected to the Web Analytics Association Board of Directors. I want to thank everyone who participated in the election process, congratulate newly elected board members and extend my respects to all the very talented people who ran for a position.

What's a director anyway?

Beyond boasting the title of "director", responsibilities includes financial and legal aspects of a non-profit organization. But more importantly (to me anyway), it is to contribute to the development of programs and activities that are consistent with the mission of the WAA. So, you might ask, what is the mission of the WAA?
The Web Analytics Association leads and supports the members by providing quality education, developing standards and best practices, conducting research and advocating for issues that advance the industry.
There is a lot of work to do if we want to accomplish everything that's in the above phrase. But as with any complex endeavor - such as bringing the web analytics culture to an organization and succeeding at it! - we can define SMART objectives and accomplish one step at a time toward the larger goal.

Listening to the Voice of Customer: you!

I want to invite you to get in touch with me if you have opinions & ideas about the WAA and how we can serve you. I already have a couple of ideas, and some of you already expressed very good points in private emails. This will be a great experience for me, I'm sure there will be challenges and lots of work to do, and my commitment is to do my best to get closer to the spirit of the WAA mission statement.