Sunday, April 20, 2008

eMetrics Industry Insight: WASP market research

Jim Sterne is a no fuss, down to heart guy. Picture this: evening before eMetrics Toronto; dinner with a bunch of speakers. WASP is mentioned and questions abound: how is it being used? Who are the target users? What's the state of development? etc. Then I talk about the market data I'm collecting: which sites are using which tools, what kind of research I can do with it, etc. "That would make a good topic to present in San Francisco" Jim said... the following day it was set! So here it is:

eMetrics San Francisco: Industry insight, May 4th

As I mentioned in a recent post, one of the interesting side effect of WASP is the ability to do market research. On the back end, I get a bird's-eye view of the marketplace: 350,000 sites on a monthly basis, for nearly 100 tools. Which tools are used by which industries? Which sectors are having trouble with implementation and which are getting it right? What are the industry trends?

This is highly valuable information for market and financial analysts covering the web analytics space, for vendors and agencies looking for prospects, or even companies looking at who is using which tools in their specific vertical.

On Sunday, May 4th, I'm honored to talk about the results of my research alongside Nielsen/Netratings, Jupiter Research, Yahoo!, Hitwise, Comscore and my friend Joseph Carrabis. Register for Industry Insight.

If you want more information about WASP market research please contact me.