Thursday, December 14, 2006

A book by Avinash Kaushik

While looking for some books on Amazon on few weeks ago, I stumbled on an upcoming book from someone I would consider a "guru" in web analytics: Avinash Kaushik. The Amazon.ca entry, simply titled "Web Analytics", is later stated as "Web Analytics: An Hour a Day", the book description says:

Web analytics expert Avinash Kaushik goes beyond web analytics concepts and definitions to provide a step-by-step guide to implementing a successful web analytics strategy. His revolutionary approach to web analytics challenges prevalent thinking about the field and guides readers, step-by-step, to a solution that will provide truly informed and actionable insights.
The book will cover those topics, partially gleaned from the very good posts on his blog :

  1. The web analytics field and where it’s going
  2. How to start the analysis process and the importance of qualitative data
  3. Web analytics strategy and implementation as well as a quick-start guide
  4. Advanced analytics concepts (statistical significance, SEM and PPC, segmentation, conversion-rates, etc.)


I was surprised there was no word about it on Avinash's site, and no traces on the Yahoo! Discussion Group. I thought I had stumbled on a little hidden secret, so I posted to my blog immediately. I got a very nice email from Avinash a few hours later kindly asking to keep it "low profile" about his upcoming book. In his own words, he said "This might sound a bit kooky but I am trying to keep the book a secret". Of course, I have the highest respect for Avinash so I removed my post, up until someone elses posted about it on the Yahoo Group yesterday.

A lot of people in the web analytics field suggested, asked, pleaded for a book from Avinash! I'm sure this will be a delight to read.


Guess what I did?

Pre-order on Amazon.ca or Amazon.com