Monday, December 18, 2006

Tag you're it! The 5 Things Meme

I first noticed the tag game on Avinash Kaushik's blog and honestly, I was secretly hoping someone would tag me! Today I was tagged by June Li from ClickInsight. A nice idea that started way back and is getting crazy all over the blogosphere. The idea is simple: part viral, part social, when you get tagged you're supposed to reveal five things about yourself, and pass the tag along to five other bloggers.
  1. For about 2 years I was a first responder in my community, the nice town of Bromont in Quebec's Eastern Township region. Ski, snowboard and mountain bike accidents were common, even occasional horseback. From minor injuries to deadly car accidents. The call that changed my life came when I went for cardiac problems just a few houses away, on the same street were I lived. 42 years old, first heart attack, was known to work long hours. Father of two, a 15 years old daughter and a 10 years old son who was sleeping upstairs and woke up in the morning without a father. One of my own son's friend. I was taking the men's heartbeat, then it stoped, we were there, we did everything we could, including use of AED (Automatic External Defibrillator). He was confirmed dead at the hospital.
    I still remember every second of it, every sound, every smell... every cry from his wife. That night, I hold my wife and kids in my arms in a very different way.
  2. When I want to completely disconnect from web analytics, from the job and the little annoying things in life, I get away at our camp. No phone, no television, no Internet and no one around.

  3. In high school I had weak results, so university was out of reach for me. I graduated with a college degree in computing in 1997. In 2003 I skipped the bachelor degree and started an eBusiness MBA. I now figure on the honor roll with a cumulative average of 94%.

  4. At age 24 I was married, had a house, two kids and a dog :)

  5. My Myers Briggs Personality Type appears to be ENFP, which means I would tend to be Extraverted, iNtuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving. The MBTI description is surprisingly accurate about me:
Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.
Just for the fun of it, here's where it came from:

June Li < Kathryn Lagden < Michael Seaton < Mitch Joel < Ana Farmery < Heidi Miller < Tom Vender Well < Drew McLellan < Liz Strauss < Phil Gerbyshak < Pam < Wendy Piersall < Holly < Kelly < Simran < D.T.Kelly < Dawno < Victoria Strauss < Cathy Clamp < Jackie Kessler < Heather Brewer < Erica Orloff < Sara Hantz < Alyssa Goodnight < Amanda Brice < Tara M.Leigh < Karen (I stopped there... might continue later)

Since I like thinking about the Internet and its impacts on our social behavior, this tag game is very interesting. Notice the ratio of female to male, could it be that females are more inclined to play this kind of game? Getting closer to me, the background is more web analytics, then marketing, up to the early root where people profiles are more book writers and authors.

Now I need to tag five other people:
(I'm cheating a bit and I tag six people instead of five, the last two entries are not active bloggers but are closely involved with the Web and the Internet)

I also like Robbin Steif from LunaMetrics idea of turning the blog tag upside down: what do you like or dislike about my blog? What would you like to see more about? Blogging shouldn't be just writing about my interests, it's sharing it with others, and this inevitably requires some feedback and conversations :)